The global mobile industry is witnessing volatile growth for last couple of years. Advancement of mobile technology, improved infrastructure and smart phone revolution has allowed people to perform much more with their mobile phones than ever before. This has resulted in an exponential demand and growth of mobile applications.
The mobile app market is thriving to great heights. More than hundreds of handsets are capable of installing and running apps and a swerve of big-name app stores are striving to compete. It is expected that the market for mobile applications will be "as big as the internet", peaking at 10 million apps in 2020.
Presently India having over 800+ million mobile connections and 50-150m mobile internet users it is evident mobile apps are becoming very popular. By 2015 India is expected to have 237 million mobile internet “activated” connections. Entrepreneurs are focusing a lot on mobile apps which are internet rather than SMS based. Mobile App Stats in India - 100 million apps being downloaded in India every month. The global app market was at $4.1 billion in 2009; set to hit $17.5 billion by the end of 2012. India’s app developer base is estimated at 250,000.
With world’s foremost brands recognizing the need of their presence in at least one of the top applications stores and the average mobile application per brand rising over 25 (for top 100 brands, 250 in case of media companies globally); the mobile applications market has took new role in defining the marketing strategy of businesses. This has opened up new horizons for already booming mobile applications market and provides faster acceleration for the market. Though these global brands do not look to make money directly with apps; however, the apps are adding up their brand equity. The surge in number of app stores and availability of multi-platform apps has also reshaping the future of the market. The excitement around mobile applications is going to have a major impact on our economy, and our way of life.
KEY THEMES DISCUSSED AT THIS CONFERENCE:-
- Examining what type of innovative services to be offered for most appealing Indian customers.
- Learn from the leading mobile operators, handset manufacturers, content providers and application developers in the Indian market
- Channels to market, app stores and opportunities for partnerships
- Understanding your customers behaviour in the mobile space as a starting point of strategy development
- Analysing various revenue generating models like mobile games, location tracking, mobile banking, mobile advertising and their content security related issues
- Design guidelines and best practices for making your application useful and usable
- Examining the opportunities in cloud based Apps, the next big revenue driver in Asia
- Native apps vs the mobile Web
- Mastering the increasing amount of different platforms and devices
- Overcoming the technical challenges associated with linking your app to existing infrastructure
- The challenge of developing apps for multiple platform launches
- Understanding how to work with external app developers to ensure successful app development and launch
- Embracing mobile advertising and m-commerce as additional revenue streams
- App monetization opportunities via new commercialization opportunities
- What are the roles of vendors - who need to understand what features service providers need and tune them in the Indian environment.
- What to expect from mobile cloud?
- Examining the current regulation of mobile app market in India
- Examining the worldwide trends in Mobile apps and the implications, lessons to be learned for India.
- The future of mobile operating systems and frameworks
- How is the future for the mobile apps industry: a vision for 2015